Author Topic: Welcome Mr. Fogle! New plug-in in the pipeline  (Read 3051 times)

Variorum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome Mr. Fogle! New plug-in in the pipeline
« on: January 20, 2020, 01:25:26 PM »
This monstrosity is coming soon... still have a few bugs to squash :o

Francois Greeff

• View Profile
Re: Welcome Mr. Fogle! New plug-in in the pipeline
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 07:21:49 AM »
Great Ideal. I did a piece where I hade to do a Tremolo Guitar. I used the Shape function on the Volume, but this would have saved me a lot of hassles.
Would like to see this reacticated.

Variorum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Mr. Fogle! New plug-in in the pipeline
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023, 11:43:23 AM »
Hi Francois...
It's been "almost finished" for quite a while but getting it to work consistently is problematic. The main issue is the fact that it only gets small buffers (about 2 beats) when Cakewalk is playing the song.
Generating the waveforms based on an arbitrary point in time wasn't too difficult to solve, but maintaining the state of the modifier CCs, and therefore the characteristics of the waveform, when I'm only receiving small, arbitrary chunks of Midi data just doesn't seem possible.
It does work correctly when used in Offline Mode (Process/Apply Effect/MIDI Effects) because Cakewalk supplies all the Midi data for the track at once, but another problem appears if there are multiple layered clips in the track.  ::)
I've also found that the amount of Midi data being sent can overwhelm a piece of outboard Midi equipment if the playback tempo is raised too high, so I need to add some reasonably intelligent code to regulate how much data is being generated based on the current tempo.

I may finish up a few details and release it with a big asterisk saying there are some situations where it may not work as expected, or I may re-write it as a VST-Midi plugin. Just need to get back to it  :P