Author Topic: Viramor Electronics Repair Module Instructions  (Read 125 times)

fogle622

• View Profile
Viramor Electronics Repair Module Instructions
« on: May 27, 2024, 03:16:54 PM »
Greetings!

I couldn't find the Viramor Electronics support email address and did not want to join the Viramor Electronics forum since I don't own a M-Audio keyboard.

I have a suggestion regarding the excellent repair kit step-by-step installation instructions posted here:  https://electronics.viramor.com/m-audioaxiomv2pbmod/

Either in the "things you'll need" list or under the "Disassembly" you can suggest using a 6 or 12 position egg crate container.  The open top and bottom egg crate indentions make great places to keep screws or other hardware.  By placing the hardware in the indentions in the order they are removed from the body you just have to install them in reverse order during assembly.

Another option is to use a piece or cardboard and use the hardware to punch holes in the cardboard.  Install the hardware in the cardboard in order during assembly then reverse the order during assembly.

Either option can be used to keep track of hardware during disassembly and make sure hardware is installed in the same position it was removed from.

Variorum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Viramor Electronics Repair Module Instructions
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2024, 04:13:41 PM »
Good idea! There are a couple dozen screws that have to be removed. I added the suggestion under "Things you'll need".

I use large refrigerator magnets a lot when I'm taking something apart. Makes it easy to organize screws in groups... unless they're aluminum  ;)